Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSF and your Leupold 6.5-20

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default DSF and your Leupold 6.5-20

DSF,
    How accurate is the rangefinding on that 6.5-20 ?
    Considering getting 1 4 myself for "hunting" in the Eastern Cape.

:!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Neil,
    There MIGHT be scopes better suited to FT shooting only with regards to magnification & big sidewheels etc, but for the quality and reliability of the scope in the sense of picture(lens) clarity and constant dialing you cannot go wrong. I've been using it for a few years now and never had any problems. In fact it was mounted on my 6.5x55Swedish Mauser for plains game hunting before I 'promoted' it to FT duties. Way back then I did not even know how to use it properly for FT and Lewis basically coached me to 'drive the Rolls Royce properly'.But hey, I'm just the student in this field, ask people like Dale & them who've spend much more time with their 6.5-20 Leupolds. Interesentingly, I have asked the Leupold people a while ago and they are apparently thinking of making a FT spesific scope. As the saying goes, 'Money well spend'... 8)
    Oh,and it can focus right down to 7yrds, try that with Gopher's big NS10-50 and tell me what you see! !ill

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey now, don't go knocking our hard earned scopes here. You might go hungry for a while and I'm further told that dog breath does not realy enhance a good night's sleep. Just warning you you friendly like.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ja, I've walked straight into that one! %-6 :@
    There goes my odds of borrowing a single shot for the worlds !dodge

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

DSF, Nothing is for free, it's gonna cost ya!!! If you ask nicely, you might even put your tiny Leupold on my big Moses...

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Neil,

prior to acquiring my 32x Mark4 a 6.5-20x40EFR was the only scope I used and it did not stop me winning a load of regional comps in SWEFTA. The fact is the scope is quite capable of good range finding it just requires more familiarity from the shooter to get the best out of it.

David, if you like you can borrow my S400 classic which is fitted with an identical scope to yours for the worlds - the only proviso is I want it back before you leave

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think I'm gonna buy myself one, will use for little FT but more for hunting. Maybe 1day when HFT is up and running I will use it 4 that.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why do you want it back Dale ?! We will look after it very well at Leeuwkop Club and put up a plaque in your honour. . I will personally clean it regularly after I used it to shoot with.(My last change to come on par with the rest)
    Jokes aside. I think it is very gentlemanly(Neighbourly as the Yanks say) to do that. Thanks again for what you do for us and FT in SA. We appreciate it greatly.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Dale,
    Are you serious!?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale is very serious
    Good guy n all he is !
    Dales da man
    So Dale next time u come to SA r u gonna visit me in PE ? I'll take u "hunting"

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

David,

Yes, I am perfectly serious about the offer of using my rifle - it is the second one in my signature list.

If you want to take up the offer, let me know and I will get all the dialling worked out, the only thing you would need to do is put range markings on for your eyesight.

Neil, seeing as I am back in August, I doubt I will be able to make it down to PE this year but possibly next year when you are fully settled in?

Gerrie, I am sure you would personally care for it, the only thing is though it only likes AA 4.52's not this Crosman kak

Seriously though many thanks for your comments, I feel that it is the least I can do considering how you guys have treated Jamie and I with the loan of vehicles, rifles, accomodation, food and hunting opportunities over the last couple of years.

It is nice to be able to return the favour in some small way.

Dale

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Jul 05 2005, 01:13PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Am I becoming a Bradley :-)

So what's available in the 20+ mag with illuminated reticle ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what's the price range?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No limit here

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale,
    For that pivilege I would change to AA if you say so.