Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultratech

hilton's Avatar hilton

Default Ultratech

Hi gang

Has anyone heard of a Ultratech rifle ? It reaches 900 fps and was voted best air rifle for 2004, I'm thinking of getting one instead of a Gamo shadow. Does anyone have any comments about the quality of the Ultratech ?

Ta
    H

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Where was it rifle of the year? The Ultratec springer I have in mind is worse than a Gamo by my standards anyway. That much power in a springer is hard to control and often under special conditions.They are cheap though

hilton's Avatar hilton

The rep at the store said it was air rifle of the year in some air rifle mag, the name he didn't say, maybe it was just a sales rap. Thanks Allan, I rekon I'm gonna stick with the Gamo Shadow.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Which Ultratec was he referring to ? There is also the 2 PCPs that he might be talking about. Would also love to know where it was airgun of the year.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

airgun of the year in Afghanistan..

hilton's Avatar hilton

AHA!! I have found the site for the store advertising the Ultratech, it's...

http://www.securityworld.co.za/produ...?ProductID=222

The deal looks kinda sweet with regards to what you get for the price, cleaning kit, scope etc etc.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would rather have hatsan or a slingshot than an ultratech

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hmm........it was the ultratec 1906 that got me into airgunning begining of last year..........

it's a copy of the gamo 440........in the states they are known as bam 18/19. they are pretty popular over there, do a search on charlie da tuna........he offers tuning /info on them.
    don't know if they get better quality/grade ones in the US, but i think crosman has bought the rights to this gamo copy. eg. quest 1000

mine had a poi shift problem.........much to do with the inferior barrel lock-up. unless you only plan to shoot open sight look else where.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Jul 06 2005, 01:40PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Rather buy a Gamo ! That's junk ... :-)

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Hilton, I told you it's probably a piece of cr@p...
    I already learned the hard way about buying unknown junk (a.k.a. Griffon Bullpup)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

better not wasting money and energy on springer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have the Shadow 1000, and a friend has the Ultratec. We have had these rifles for about 2 years now. He recently had his whole rifle replaced for free by Ramrod after some difficulties with it, no questions asked. We think they might have mistaken him for a dealer though...
    In any case - my rifle has about 5000 round through it, still on the first spring, and even with his new rifle, mine still outshoots (penetrates) it.
    It is a nice rifle for the price, but like the Hatsan, performance soons starts dropping, unlike the Shadow, where you have a very slow and gradual performance degrade.
    Stick to the Shadow 1000, or the CFX.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

R1700 for a ultratech springer. rather spend R400 more to get a PCP. it's day and night difference.

if u already have a springer and decide to stay with it. then have fun and enjoy.

but to buying a new gun. PCP is the only way can give u strength and pleasure at same time --- just like vigria does

hilton's Avatar hilton

Yip, the PCP looks about the best bet. I've also been looking at the GAMO CFX - 1000 fps, also looks pretty good. But I suppose the deciding factor is what do I really want to do, plink around or get into serious target shooting?decisions decisions?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree with boondock. (Even though I have a springer). I wish I had known about PCP's like the BAM50 before I bought my rifle.