Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cape Town Shooters

hilton's Avatar hilton

Default Cape Town Shooters

Hi

Is there a group of shooters in Cape Town that take part in HFT (Hunter Field Target) shooting ?

http://www.ukahft.org.uk

Or are there any clubs for air gunners in CT ?

H

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

I am also looking for a club...

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

At the moment there is no air rifle club that I am aware of in the CT area, but watch this forum it might happen sooner than you think. I found a shooting friend that is just as itchy to get something going as what I am.

Marius

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I do agree with Marius,somethings gonna happen soon.We can do it before the end of this year.We live in such a vibrant and modern city and I do not think that we are unable to get something of the ground soon.Should be some BREAKING news SOON.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Okay,Okay.Found a site in the Grabouw area.Pine plantation criss crossed with roads.Perfect for FT UK style.Upshots and Downshots aplenty.Straight shots de rigeur oh! and Plenty of obstacles.The area is around a lake about 5km in diameter.Clubhouse is available with bowling green,tennis courts and cricket field.Entering into negotiations soon with Dept. of Forestry as well as clubhouse owners.If we can get the site it will mean that we can have a shoot once a month and it's only an hours drive out of Cape Town.Chalets are also available.Will keep all you CT guys posted.

hilton's Avatar hilton

The Grabouw idea sounds great, will join that for sure. If anyone needs a body to help with the setting up of a club in the Cape Town area please let me know. We have many keen shooters that buy great rifles only to find they can't find places to fire them. Field Target Shooting is a must for any air rifle/pistol club too.

Can anyone give me the contact details of the folk setting up this club so I can follow up with them on their progress in this venture ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

A bit far for a weekly thing, but will by great for a monthly shoot. You get that going and I'm in !!!

You guys with the fancy rifles will just have to look past that crappy gun of mine... until I find the money for a better one.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Farmer, we all started the way u did
    I !ill started with a Hatsan 55, Generic 4x32 scope and Tasco Mounts
    Thank God I'm past that

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I started with 2 elastic bands and a stick...oh, I also had a piece of cheese

hilton's Avatar hilton

HAHAAA...FREAK!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think the distance is not that bad anyway.It takes me 35 minutes to get to the northern suburbs in any case,so an extra 15 minutes or so can't do much halm.You guys in Kraaifontein area should be in Grabouw within a half an hour.I don't want everybody to get all too excited just yet.The major hurdle will be to convince the Dept. of Forestry that safety will be of paramount importance.I need to make it clear to all parties interrested that we will be shooting on Government land hence no shooting at any animals.We cannot use this as a hunting venue or they'll kick our asses to Timbuktu.PLEASE GUYS just give Me and MCJ that assurance.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Neilg,
    Are you past that?(Sorry just could not help myself) Been waiting way too long for that one!!! Gie gie Gulp gulp aaarkggg.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

OK! This is where I will chuck in my tin of pellets.
    It is great news to hear that a venue has been found, the first prize will be to get written permission for its use. The next step is to call a meeting with all interested and affected parties attending. The issues discussed should include the following:
    Nomination and election of a club committee
    1. Land use and specific reservations
    2. Club membership and subs
    3. Constitution alligned to the national FT constitution
    4. Shooting rules and range etiquette
    5. Club shoots and club leagues

You can then add other items such as fund raising for targets etc.etc.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx Stoffie.

Will definitely follow that S.O.P.