Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cape Town Shooters

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Thanks for all your efforts up this stage Falcon, I can just feel that something is definitely going to happen for CT this time. Stoffeltoo, thanks also for your contribution, will contact you soon to get more info.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Glad I found this forum. Very keen on getting a club off the ground. Am investigating a possible venue for FT & hunting on farm near Worcestor. Will hopefully have more info by next week. Will keep you updated.

ps: It's not that far...

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

This just on getting better.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi MCJ
    Goto Saftaa website at www.saftaa.co.za.
    All the dope is there as well as details of national chair and secretary.
    Rules galore and last scores posted by clubs. Delighted to see such a high level of interest in the Boooootiful Cape. Someone must be brave enough to seize the initiative and combine all the energy and start a strong club. You ou's have what it takes, so seize the moment!

hilton's Avatar hilton

Nice link Stoffeltoo and I second your comment, common let's add Cape Town to the list of clubs.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

I'm going to have a chat with a buddy of mine tonight.
    He might be able to set us up on a farm outside Kuilsriver.

For you Southern Suburb boys... that is halfway between Bellville and Stellenbosch.

NB: don't ask Hilton for directions if you ever head out that way

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Okay guys,here goes.Last night I mailed a proposal to Lucy De Jongh. The reply was recieved this morning and is as follows:
    "Thank you for contacting us. I need to take your enquiery to the committee for approval.The next meeting is taking place on the 21st of July 2005.I will then contact you and we can schedule a meeting to discuss this matter.
    In the meantime,could you forward dates and more information regarding your monthly league shoot.(Duration,number of members involved)

Kind Regards
    Lucy."

Okay chaps,we need to set up a meeting amongst ourselves and get our ducks in a row.I need to get back to Lucy!!!!

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Ok, I have booked a venue in the Montague Gardens area which would be central for everyone for next Thursday evening 14 July 2005 form 19h00 to 21h00, BUT...

I am waiting for confirmation on the venue, will let you guys know if the booking is confirmed.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just got off the line with my friend Les Abrahams who is the personal assistant for the MEC for tourism,environment and conservation for the Northern Cape.He will be back at the office on Wednesday.He will then contact the regional representative (Abe Abrahams) of water affairs and forestry in the Northern Cape.
    They in turn will then contact the relevant parties for the Department of Forestry in the Western Cape and put our case/proposal to them.
    It will then mean that we will have to draw up a Formal Presentation for their review.
    Bottom line is that The Elgin Grabouw and Country Club does not own the plantation.That belongs to the Dept. of Forestry and as a result we have to negotiate with both parties.If all goes well we could host our first 30 target course in August or September at the latest.

Let's hold thumbs.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Put me down for Thursday evening MCJ

hilton's Avatar hilton

This is great Falcon, you da man! When and where do you wanna meet to organize these ducks, maybe we can ask the web master to slap up a small notice on the site advertising the meet for us Cape shooters.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Hey got two stars !amazed ....what does this means though &|

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Sorry guys, the venue is not available.

Any other suggestions where we can meet. I think we might be about 30 people for the meeting. Please let me know.

hilton's Avatar hilton

Full lieutenant... !dodge

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Casper, how about your practice range in Durbanville? We can all stand, it will be over sommaar vinnig.