Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What comes in the box?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default What comes in the box?

I am looking to buy a reasonably price PCP and have a few questions that my fellow forumites may be able answer. If I buy an AA S400 classic what exactly comes in the box? Do I have to buy as extras a whole bunch of other bits? And what exactly is the S400 Custom? I didn't find a wealth of information on the Air Arms site.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

the rifle
    owners manual
    1/8" bsp filling connector
    allen keys?

you get the local custom and uk custom.

the local version as seen in magnum, uk one, comes with a fancy walnut sporter stock, otherwise the same as updated s400.

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

There isn't even a mention of the MPR version of the S400. The Custom version has an adjustable cheek plate.

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

Having seen pics of the S400 MPR, in addition to the butt, it has a bracket over the barrel and cylinder, match trigger, and is fitted with diopter sights. It is said that this rifle has been adopted as the main training rifle for the American National Rifle Association.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

MPR brand new to the market as far as I know.Looks like a good weapon.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre
    The Custom version has an adjustable cheek plate.
    not the one KB tested, well, it's adjustable once
    he had to cut the rods to bring the cheek piece down......

wasn't there a thread on the the mpr few months back????
    iirc, it had a ZA connection??? mike from AA? saw a prototype at the Brits shoot a while back.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Next time I speak to Mike I'll ask him about the MPR, it's built off the S400 action, by the looks of it it's not regulated and has a sort of S200 and Pro-T combination stock.
    Trigger still looks like stock S400 but is a little more adjustable with a adjustable trigger blade.
    It will prove to be a favourite in both the precision and FT market !
    When .... hopefully not as long as the EV2 :-)

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

The Multi Purpose Rifle seems an AA400 fitted by Top Guns (american company). Not unlike Logun is a rebadged FX in the UK. There is also a Senior version of the AA400. The 400MPR sells in the US from $530. They showed it fitted with diopter sights.

casper's Avatar casper

MPR is a S400 tuned down to 580 ft/s fitted to a new precision stock. Can be done in Sporter as well as full precision versions. Removable cylinder made from aluminium. The rifle is wholly made by AA. The stock will also be a winner for FT with the normal S400 action. Trigger is standard three shear AA or Anshuetz match. There are a few available in SA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Where r they available in SA Casper ?
    Last I spoke to AA SA they said it's not here yet, except for the 2 or 3 or the concepts that they have.

casper's Avatar casper

Not as far as I know. From what I understood it is not a concept rifle any more, but the real thing. I think it is more a case of getting enough interest as to manufacture this rifle in volume.

ducati's Avatar ducati

MPR is a ZA influenced design SA schools team will shoot it in UK next month.Two are in SA at moment
    on endurance test

ducati's Avatar ducati

Prototype MPR won benchrest comp. in Pta last year.
    Cape town junior shot 386/400 at Nat Trials with same rifle.Yes it will be available as FT gun. 8mm (es) 50m 10 group was recorded in UK, same gun set
    at 800fps.Custom rifle tested by Magnum was accurised by Nick Jenkinson. MPR is in production not for sale yet though. USA and RSA will get first .

BREYT's Avatar BREYT

herman laatz won the bench rest last year pta with a 400 custom,that particular gun was on display.this gun can be used for 10m or ft by adjusting the power level max power will be 800ft/sec

ducati's Avatar ducati

MPR won benchrest at Wild Expo pilot was Boetie
    Kircher from Britz 2nd Nick Roets 3rd Neels Geldenhuys both using s 400s