Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower End Rifle - Is there Light?

SerpentWolf's Avatar SerpentWolf

Default Lower End Rifle - Is there Light?

dudes.
    Like you know, with my little time and all, I have not really done much shooting. Now i know most of you will frown upon me for having a lower end rifle, Hatsan mod 70 springer..., but I have put a few thousand slugs through it, and it balanced out (still alot of recoil, its still a very 'rough' rifle) but I managed to get shooting quite decently lately.

I dont think I will buy a scope for this one, Ill rather buy a scope/pcp combo when I have saved up for such, so its all open sight at the moment...

is there light for me? Any places in my area where people meet and shoot for fun, where I can pop in, and have some fun? I dont think I would be able to shoot events, not with this rifle?

heres mine http://www.hatsan.com.tr/air_mod_70_camo.asp

anyway, what do you say?
    I am in the gordonsbay/somerset west/strand area, but I guess driving to cpt isnt that much of a problem, have some other springer "just for fun" shooters around me.

opinion on my springer / fun / event ratio please. %-6

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why don't you get your springer neighb ours together and start your own club? You can have it affiliated too. And if you all have 'low end' guns then the competition will be fair. Until you've saved your money, that is.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

SerpentWolf, where do u normally shoot? I am based in Stellenbosch and are always looking for a place to shoot/hunt. I have been to the Somerset-West pistol range a couple of times on Sundays (when no other shooting is done).

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Keep tabs on the news re Cape Air Rifle. We are planning some fun shoots and hope to cater for all air rifles. So watch this space...

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

I'm with you on that. Also got a entry level springer and I'm not willing to spend more money now. Will probably buy a better gun next year, but chances are that it will still be a springer.

Met some guys at the pub last night. All with entry level guns. So far I have about 20 guys who's interested in joining the Cape Town club, but they are all waiting to see whether it will be usefull for then to do so or not. Unfortunately most guys I talked to so far seem to think that clubs don't want entry level shooters with entry level guns and that the sport is getting to expensive for the average airrifle enthusiast.

Don't go forming your own club just yet, let's just see what happens first.

You are also welcome to join me and Hilton next time we go for a fun shoot. Will let you know next time we go.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I assure u Farmer the people I have met thus far will not look down on you because you have a lower end rifle. Jokes will be made yes, but all of the guys are really helpfull and I have learnt alot since I have started researching this topic in the beginning of the year.

I own a Low end PCP now, but want to get myself a Low end Springer just to shoot for fun. This is what I like ... FUN. Where do I buy Chinese Springers from? I am looking for a B21/B7 these rifles have a side lever used for cocking.

Some people get hooked and when they shoot other peoples rifles they want to upgrade, but others are there just for the fun and really don't care if they hit or miss(although missing sucks) as long as they can say the shoot was fun and the people was nice.

If it is not fun it becomes an obligation and it is not a hobby anymore. I have a hobby not an obligation.

Hey guys thanks.
    I got a very detailed email from Gary telling me how to COMPLETELY service my hatsan, and improve everything.

Doesnt seem to be such a bad gun. And this should reduce the recoil alot.

Yes, Ill hang around and see what happens.

Arnold, The only place we usually go shoot is on one of my friends farms, near Bottelary. Other than that, we grab our guns, and just find remote places.

This pistol range, I think I have been told its a good place, we must do something. I have no scope, but I like the raw world war 2 style sniping :P haha.

About a new rifle, I will probably also onyl buy one next year as well. Spend good money on, good scope.

Arnold, If i get busy i dont check in here for days, so if theres anything, beep me at marlon@mbvdl.net

cheerios dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold
    I own a Low end PCP now, but want to get myself a Low end Springer just to shoot for fun. This is what I like ... FUN. Where do I buy Chinese Springers from? I am looking for a B21/B7 these rifles have a side lever used for cocking.
    i forgot to answer that. Security World in the Somerset-Mall here, If I remember correctly, had those chinese rifles. I am going there today to get pellts/pellet lube, I shall have a look, and let you know.
    B21 and B7? ok...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sorry I just had to but in. I feel the same way regarding my springer. Would like to upgrade to PCP but time is not right at the moment.
    I also stay in Cape Town I have tried so har to find a remote/hunting site. I feel clubs to serious and have lost the "fun" that Arnold was reffering too.

Arnold try the following website: http://www.greatdeal.co.za
    I have a QB36-2 springer I am interested in any comments or ideas to improve it.

I wanted to ask about the cost of PCP's Filling equipment and what all is needed

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Most of the airrifle clubs I have been to is about having fun and the people do just that. Just renember you will allways get serious people out there, but that does not mean you can't have fun at the club.
    As for entry level guns at the club, if the guys give you sh!t about your gun then go to another club.
    At my local club, Leeuwkop, we encourage people to come and shoot with their B1 rifles and R70 scopes and we have shoots that are springers only.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Cost of filling equipment: New 300 bar 12l cylinder = R 1800.
    You need to get a filling adapter if your rifle is not supplied with one (rare). Look at the junkmail for second hand cylinders, just make sure they are "in date".

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Word of advice... if you buy anything from Greatdeal, phone them first to confirm that whatever you want to order is in stock.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Greatdeal should not be used to order stuff from. These people are full of crap.

I agree with Lewis. At our club shoots there are lots more guys with springers than with pcp. We all are there to enjoy the shooting and have fun. We never make stupid remarks about guys with springers, because most of us also started with and still have springers.

We also have different classes for springers, so you are not at all disadvantaged. Come to our next shoot on Saterday and see for yourself.

for more info go to www.friendlyfire.co.za

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It's good to know that there are a few other airgunners in the Helderberg area. Being in Somerset West myself I would also be keen to join up for local fun shoots. Totally aggree, the fun factor does not depend entirely on the level of equipment.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have a look at https://www.airrifle.co.za/forum_vie....php?3.11427.0
    before considering buying from greatdeal. I would strongly recommend against it.