Thread: english forum never heard of BAMs?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default english forum never heard of BAMs?

look at this http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75921

they dont look like they like them !dodge

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Before they even came out they were getting bad stuff said about them. I think it's because of the fact that they see it as a poor quality ripoff copy.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

The vast majority of UK airgun shooters think of the B2 when the subject of Chinese made airguns comes up and for want of a better term they are sh*t. However the latest guns where they are copying established designs are a cut above the norm in terms of quality.

However in the UK the Chinese guns do not represent a large cost saving over home produced guns, plus we have a thriving second hand market. Hence the comments you will see. Some of the people posting will not have encountered the BAM rifles.

You could argue that there is a valid point in supporting local manufacturers rather than foreign copies. However from an SA perspective these rifles do have a valid place in enabling the airgun scene to establish - provided the quality of the product is suitable.

In respect of the BAM 50/51 this is based on a discontinued model. So the rip-off issue is slightly more difficult to justify.

BTW when I am down in August I would like to have a proper go with one of the 50/51's anyone in the Brits area willing to let me try one out?

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what's funny is that other so called airgun companies/manufacturers have bought the rights to distribute the BAMs under their name. i suppose even copies have copy rights?????

and it's my observation that "they" only seems to have problems with B50/51 and now B40, and not the other copies (german, spanish).............

B19 = copy of Gamo 440 = Ultratec 1906 = Crosman Quest
    B20 = copy of Weihrauch HW95 = AGS SR2
    B21 = copy of Diana 48?
    B30 = copy of Diana 52?
    B40 = copy AA TX200
    B50/51 = copy of daystate huntsman mk2

(tks dale for the correction)
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Jul 29 2005, 03:51PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hardy,

B20 is copy of HW95K not HW80.

As to whether the orignial manufacturers have problems with their designs being pinched, my contacts suggest that they are not overly pleased. However there seems to be little that they can do about at this time.

Dale
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Jul 29 2005, 04:38PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

There is no point for a british chap to buy a BAM...they have so many good second hand Daystates floating around at the same price...there really is no comparison to the BAM.
    The BAM makes sense in 3rd world countries like ours

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'm very sorry but I don't support piracy ... but it really is true what they are saying on the british forums.
    Daystate Huntsman (now b50/51 correct) isn't in production anymore so it's not the end of the world if it's copies
    but the TX200 still is ... the price still makes it VERY attractive. Even if it's just for practising !

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Hi Dale

I bought one of these BAM50 for testing purpose and to try to get more people involved in the sport (affordable price); I am more than willing for you to test it.
    Thanks
    Wyan

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Wyan,

Thanks for your offer I hope we have the opportunity to meet up when I am down there in a few weeks.

I am curious to finally try one of these rifles properly so that I am in a position to give an honest opinion when they get talked about.

Can you drop me an e-mail with a contact number please.

Dale