Thread: Field Target, Benchrest & Metalic Silhouette shooting competition

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Field Target, Benchrest & Metalic Silhouette shooting competition

6-7 November 2004
    Field Target, Benchrest & Metalic Silhouette shooting competition
    Sasolburg.
    Contact Chris 082 804 0243

I serve on the Wolwehooek Steering Committee charged with the development of air rifle shooting sport. We are having the launch of the Freestate FTA meeting on Saturday 16 October, 2004. The Challenge event is open to the public at a very reasonable match fee. Interested people can contact me at chris.oosthuizen@sasol.com Thanks for a great site. Stoffeltoo

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Send me details quick. Must tune the missus nicely now.

brianebarnes@operamail.com

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Everyone that wants to do FT (in Gauteng ofcourse)MUST be at this one.
    Itsa gonna be a big one.
    And be early, otherwise you won't get a chance to shoot on Saturday and will then have to come back on Sunday, guess I'll be late then.
    Personal rough attendance estimate : 50-70 people (if not more)
    This will be your chance to see all the different equipment and see how you compare to other shooters, ofcourse lots of advice will be available free of charge ...
    There will even be a experienced UK FT shooter that used to stay in SA ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Geez guys, thanks for the promotion of our club shoot. We want to present this shoot at a high standard as a regular event on the FT shooting calender.
    Neil, Looked at the rules, we will apply them and allow slings. Has any-one ever tried shooting a runner FT yet and if so what was the speed of the target, the distance from the shooter and a hit rate if any?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

U don't have to thank anyone for supporting "your" club, we should and will all help eachother.
    One day when AFTSA has shooting land sorted out I know that "I" will get the favour returned (or I really hope so)
    As for the rules, good.
    For anyone wanting to see the newest version of the rules, pls go to www.fieldtarget.co.za click on SAFTAA info and there you go.
    Website is still rather empty, but it will get there one day.
    Moderator (Gary), you are more than welcome to publish the rules on the forum under Articles if you wish to do so, or just add a link to the rules on Fieldtarget. I actually think it's a very good idea, that way more people will actually see the rules.
    SAFTAA at this stage don't seem to let people know when there are rules changes or even changes on cost.
    That just shows that SA needs a body that will run Airgunning in a more structered manner..... my R 25,33

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have had requests about caravanning facilities. The landowner gave permission to allow caravans provided that I be contacted before hand. Cell 082-804-0243. Space is limited to 6 stands. There are basic amenities such as a hot shower, ladies bathroom, toilets, kitchen, stove, ample braai space and electric powersupply. A small fee per site will be levied.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Chris,
    tx for a EXCELLENT event, I really enjoyed it ! You have a venue that most of us can really dream of !
    to those of you who missed it, you reall missed out.

Event was great fun, although I didn't get to shooting the Silhouette or Benchrest

Lew's Avatar Lew

Wolwehoek has what it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you weren't there you missed a big one, rain and all.
    Also couldn't do the silhouette and bench but the FT was great. The guys really used the terrain to its fullest with a few tricky shots. Well done Chris and team. Hope to see you soon.
    :beer:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Wolwehoek air rifle challenge has come and gone. All the locals managed to meet the guys like Hennie, Neil, Kobus and Louis with the illustrious guns like EV2, Pro Target, AA MPR and many more.....

The shoot was fun, yet technically challenging and tested the abilities of the best shooters. Special thanks to all the visitors as the shoot could not happen without their participation. I agree with Neil that those who did not come, lost out. The juniors did a good job and stood up to the challenge.

The rain provided the oppurtunity to look at guns 'n stuff and many tips were shared.

Ciao