I did some testing of pellet penetration in the following :
- Water freezed in a coke can
- Telephone books (x2) behind each other (450pages)
I used the following pellets :
- Crosman Premier Extra Heavy 10.5 gr
- H&N Barracuda Match 10.65 gr
I used my BAM 50 for the test, the range at which the targets was shot was 30m.
And got the following results :
In the Ice:
- The Crosman pellets penetrated 35mm
- The barracuda's penetrated 34mm
In the Clay :
- Both penetrated 100 mm
In the Telephone books :
- The Crosman pellets penetrated 450p + 100p = 550pages
- The barracuda's penetrated 450p + 250p = 700pages
After doing these test I would like to know, do you think it is possible to go and hunt Impala with the BAM 50 at 30m - 50m and taking headshots ? Do you think that the pellets would penetrate as much as needed to kill the Impala.
I would like to know what you guys think ?