Thread: Pellet Dispenser

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Pellet Dispenser

Haven't even got my gun yet (s400), but after a bit of shooting with Jason's, realised the need for a gadget to dispense a single pellet in a known direction (i.e. one pellet head first into the loading slot). Mainly useful for single shot guns, but could also be used to quickly fill a magazine.

3 prototypes later of varying success and I got a pretty good working model. Haven't tried it on a gun, but seems to work 100%. Just the push of a tiny lever and a single pellet drops head first down a thin tube. It holds about 25 pellets and is 20cm long and about 8mm wide (tubular). Weighs almost nothing.

Is this useful to anyone or am I missing something (maybe fine motor co-ordination ;-))

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

There are many ways to kill a cat.If it works for you go for it.Everyone has their own little trick.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Any pics or drawings?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

Paul, I would also like to see what it looks like. Don't know if I want to carry around something that big (20cm long), but it is worth a try.
    Are you selling any or just bragging about it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Not selling them - would be happy to share the plans and intend on doing so, but didnt have time and didnt want to do it if I was missing something obvious about loading pellets. (By the way, yes I was also bragging ;-) My wife just didn't appreciate the accomplishment so I had to get some somewhere)

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

Paul, will you be at the shoot at Leeuwkop this weekend. If yes, find DSF and show him the plans, I won't be there to look at it myself. Does this prototype of yours allow for a string to wear it around your neck?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

May be there... not sure yet as I am waiting to see if my gun arrives today... still in customs. And yes, it is designed to be worn around the neck. Only weighs about 20g.