Thread: Quality of QB78 (Industry Brand PCP)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Quality of QB78 (Industry Brand PCP)

I know a lot of you guys don't like Chinese air rifles, but does anybody here know/own the QB78?

I'm looking at getting a pretty cheap PCP rifle (obviously I want the best I can get), and I think this will be a good deal. It will cost me R700 bucks and I like the fact that it will use Crosman CO2 powerlets, because I can't afford to buy a Dive cylinder immediately.

The added bonus with this is that I can get a bulk fill adapter and 200cc paintbal canister at a later stage.

Any opinions?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Riaan , I think Warrick is the man to seak to.It is not realy a PCP.It is a CO2 .I would like to see how much power such a rifle can generate.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't know about the power, but untuned it gets between 630 - 660fps and you can apparently tune it to get up to 810fps.

What's the difference between PCP and CO2?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

PCP is charged from a dive tank as you know +/- 200 Bar depending on your gun.Co2 uses the powerlets which are nowhere close to PCP pressure.Co2 also suffer with the internals icing up (normaly under rapid fire) .Never would have thought a CO2 could get 800ft/sec.I am sure Warrick will give you a lot more accurate information as he nworks on these type of guns.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

btw, here's some links:

http://www.greatdeal.co.za/qb78-bolt...ges-p-666.html
    http://www.airrifle-china.com/Produc...p?productid=35

Does anybody know where I can get an AR2078A (also industry brands) secondhand?

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Thanks Allan.

Hi Riaan, welcome to the forum.

The QB78 is good value for money, there are a few that give you grief out the box. The price for gun only should not be more than R630. I can tune the rifle either for number of shots per charge at +- 685fps you will get about 60 usabel shots and from 760 to 800fps you will get 35 shots, this is for two 12gm Co2 powerlets. Full tune on rilfe which includes trigger/ valve and ports as well a barrel threaded 1/2in UNF for silencer is R1065.
    Send me an email and I will be able to give you more info. Check out my photo album as I have some target pics from the QB79 and the AR2078A on both Co2 and PCP.
    Cheer

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Does anybody know where I can find a bulk fill adapter/valve (/ whatever else you want to call it...) for a qb78? Approximately how much would it set me back?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

See they sell the gun with the big Co2 bottle at the flea market.They might be able to help you with the adapter.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Aug 19 2005, 07:39PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

which fleamarket is that?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

1 across from East Rand Mall