Thread: Camo ?

Sonic's Avatar Sonic

Default Camo ?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Cant really say which is better, depends on your surroundings, for intance, if you hunting in dry veld grass, it will be better having a tand shirt with a broken pattern then a dark green one. thats my opion. Some people say that as long as you have a broken pattern you are just as good as anything else. I reccon the more you blend in with your surroundings to the human eye the better... Can only be.That white water stuff from FX is really nice though.... might catch a bit but its good stuff. this seasons Sniper africa is very green, which might be a good plan since we coming into spring now and things are going to go green......

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

Blanket! he he.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

duvet!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Critter costume. Oops..just shot Jim in his b... He was dressed as a Dassie. I have found normal clouths and no gun works best. I have almost walked up to Springbok and could watch them without any problem but have a gun, camera with telephoto lens and they are gone. The same happned with wild greese on the same farm. Camo might have worked but I feel that it all depends on if the animals have been hunted or not. Those geese were somewhat clever, I creeped up the dam wall ... away they go, that was done with camera and with a gun, no gun, no camera, no creeping and noise , just walked up the wall and sat down, ducks, geese just swam to the other side..clever.
    I even wore grass in a bush hat when I creeped up.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Maybe it's just pot luck, but I've found avoiding eye contact helps some too.