Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customizing CZ200S with custom stock

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Customizing CZ200S with custom stock

I have given up trying to sell by CZ200 and I have decided to treat it to a new stock, flashy trimmings etc.
    I managed to get hold of some embuia wood with nice grain and want to use this as a single stock. Has this excersize been tried by any one else? I also want to fit a brass bolt, pellet guide and trigger. The plastic parts have served their purpose and needs replacing with a class product. The intention is to freefloat the barrel on a single stock eliminating elevation windage influences from a seperate fore stock. The silencer and scope will be used while the recoil pad and original stock will be put away for later use, Possibly 10m airrifle? I am also thinking of fitting a homemade adjustable aluminium butplate to allow for ergonomic adjustments.

Is it legal to fit a brass counter weight or extension to the barrel to improve the balance of the rifle?

Tx

Stoffeltoo

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Yes..yes and then yes...
    It's all been done before.
    There are dozens of pics on the internet of customized S200s.
    see
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...%20Arms%20S200

Do a search...there were lots of pics of restocked S200s a while ago

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

http://www.davegstocks.com/showpic.c...llery=Showroom

You will fall over and wriggle.....

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Geez, Thanks guys i'm squirming with delight and envy. The thought of my fellow competitors faces when unpacking this elegant beast he-he. Have already lined up a brass bolt, pellet guide and trigger assembly:-)

Thanks for the feedback, has helped lotz!!!!

FT Targets Beware!!! Stoffel's coming!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have received my wood today, imbuia with a very fine grain, sawn and drum sanded to 8 mm for lamination. I have manufactured a brass bolt, brass breech guide and a brass barrel extension. The gun had the tendency to flip the bolt partially open when a shot was fired while the plastic bolt was on. With the brass bolt the problem has disappeared. Still have to test groupings at 40 and 50m with the brass barrel extension. OD 20mm and ID 5.5mm. Lamininating the boards will be done this weekend, then the hard work begins to cut the cylinder guide etc.
    Will keep you updated on progress......

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Do you own a digital camera Stoffeltoo?

I would be interested in a step by step collection of your handywork as you go along.

???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

And I will gladly publish the step by step guide on www.fieldtarget.co.za
    Just need the pics and relevant info...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sadly I don't have a digital but an analogue will have to do. I have laminated the wood after cutting and sanding the tube guide and center board for the breech block and trigger assembly. The template has been measured and marked, will commence the raw cutout this weekend with careful drilling and cutting for a coping saw guides. will keep posted.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Eish!
    I have finished the stock in the rough! Thumbhole, thumb recess. The final test shooting will be done one of these weekends to mark and fieldfix those nigly little irritations with a pen, spokeshave, rasp, file and sanding paper. Keep you posted

lyrrad's Avatar lyrrad

My dear Soufle2. Why on earth would you want to go to such extremes for an air gun. A good quality pine (tomatoe box type) would suffice. Much easier to work on and just as good...Lyrrad

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oh Lyrrad,
    I hope your joking ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So, Lyrrad, build us a stock out of "good quality pine" so we can judge for ourselves. Or, if you already have, send us a pic. You just might save some of us a lot of trouble and make some money in the process!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We love Larryd very muchos. It seems like all work and no play makes Larryd a difficult boy. You are welcome to try tamatie kassies but vrot tomato sauce smells awful, will cause major windage problems. Confucious say "Hard wood much better for good weapon, lasts longa"

ice's Avatar ice

Stoffeltoo - What's happenin' with the stock, did you finish it? - aborted the project ?