Thread: Scope glint

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Scope glint

Anyone here used one of these?

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/...kill-flash.htm

Is it less fuzzy than stocking material?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Ziggy had something similar at the last shoot.If I see hin I will ask what he thinks of it.iirc he made it himself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

In the News industry we call it "Scrim". During live interviews we put it behingd the correspondant to cut down the light behind them otherwise you cant see them without a 2.5Kw lamp. In camera terms it gives you about 1.25 stops down (we double it up to 2.5) so you get less light coming in and you cant see it because its too close to the objective lens. Just given me an idea...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I hope you've just organised some to bring back for us?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'll see what I can do, might have to cut a hole in the sheet....

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Spoke to Ziggy , he made his own.He is happy with it when shooting into the sun it helps to get rid of the glare.When in low light conditions it makes things worse.Sven being a photographer also thinks it will work way better than a stocking.Stocking will give you a softer focus which is not what is desired.If we are lucky Brian will bring us a whole sheet to experiment with.I am sure you can buy a Lee or Cokin filter that will do the job.I will check into it .
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Aug 28 2005, 10:03AM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ziggy had it on the last Leeuwkop shoop. It works great for the late afternoon on our range when you are shooting directly into the sun. It takes alot of the glare away without "disturbing" your view

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

i just dont understand why they make each gap so small, if they made the whole thing just slightly longer with larger holes you would get the same effect but with less quality loss in the scope!