Thread: Air guns in The News

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Air guns in The News

Man Jailed For killing Toddler with an AirGun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4196980.stm

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Did the article state why he shot the toddler?
    Why people would do this sort of thing is beyond me..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Apparently he wanted to shoot at a teenager holding the Toddler, and had been shooting at Fire engines and firemen from a Flat Window.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Think I may rub a few people up the wrong way here but I dont care:
    The world is now so full of mamby pamby do goody people who denounce Corporal punishment as barbaric. Governments who who take the softly softly touch to anything that will make them have to sit down and sort out the problems they have, or have allowed to be created. Theres no discipline anymore, and believe me, the discipline I received from my Parents and Teachers never hurt me, except for about 3 minutes till the stinging stoppped and it gave me a healthy respect for them too. One of the reasons I left the UK was that I could see the country going downhill. Phsycologists, Phsychiatrists, and anyone else starting with Phsy telling us we shouldnt smack our children as it may cause them to have problems in later life. Now look what we've got, millions of bloody idiots, some of whom shoot people because they never got a good clout around the ear. The Phsy's should be stood against a wall and used as target practice. Oh, and the guy who shot the baby. ~

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Amen to that Brian.
    Suddenly scum bags are humans too? I mean do we really care about the well being of a convicted killer/rapist/child abuser/robber/hoodlum? My tax money goes to feeding and clothing this animal for life, how much of the same tax money goes to the victim or the family of the killed victim? I'd rather have my tax money sponsor the ammo to line up this breed at dawn and shoot 'em! If that is to 'inhumane' or degrading we could gas them silently in their sleep. 8)
    Parabellum! !alien

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

he he, I will sponser free Gallows if they bring back the Death Penalty

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gary, i'm with you on this one............

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Brian, DSF and others,
    I agree whole heartedly with everything you say except the school teacher part. I have put down a rule for all the schools that my two children attended. "Keep your hands off my child." If you have a problem with her let me know, I will know exactly what to do. And I did sort the problem out, on one occasion, with my eldest daughter. I have been mistreated too many times by frustrated teachers in my school days, to allow that to happen to my children too. I once had to moer the teacher and headmaster, for not adhearing to MY rule, but that was the end of it. Be that as it may I firmly believe and think I have proven that, if you bring your children up with respect for other people and their property you will not likely have them involved in crap like this. Have you guys seen the photo of this scumbag that accompanied the newspaper article? A blind person will be able to establish this thing is a piece of rubbish that NEEDS to be taken out of society, for ever and a day. The only problem I have with that is that it is too kind. Anybody who has lost a child due to somebody else's negligence or malicious conduct will understand what I mean. No matter what you do to him, YOU CAN'T BRING THE CHILD BACK!!!!. ~

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrief, as usual you hit the nail on the head. A lot is being said about schoolkids with no respect for teachers and the resultant chaos in our schools. Whose job is it to teach the child discipline and respect for others? Surely that belongs with the parents, who are the greatest influence in the first six years, also called the formative years by all those phsy's. Fancy and involved disciplinary systems in schools are not going to have any effect if the parents don't do their bit. That said, I feel that any #@$hole shooting at other people with an airgun should be "removed from society"! Problem is, if you take him to jail, he gains a lot of "human rights", free board and lodging etc.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

A good smack at the right time is the best medicine any child can get and like you guys rightly said, the hell what all the pshycologists and the rest say.
    To top it all our crimanals has more rights than you and I.
    Offenders have free education, medical treatment at private clinics, free food, lodging and TV . Some have their own laptops with 3g and fridges in their cells all in the name of human rights. What the F*%$ has happened to the law abiding citizins rights?????????????????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

They went out the window along with the discipline.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

National service did alot for disciplining young men.
    They corrected what the schools could not.

I enjoyed my stint in the forces.