Thread: Skenco pellets

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default Skenco pellets

Has anyone tested/tried [link=http://bulldog.co.za/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=skenco&x=12&y= 11]these pellets [/link]before?

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Watch out for the ones with the plastic around it, apparently according to the experts they tend to "melt" the plastic arround the pellet onto the in sides of the barrel.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i've tried the type1 when i first got into airgunning, very light iirc 5.9g. fantastic penetration, it went through a 1330+ pages yellow pages into the couch (DOH!) with a BSA Supersport doing about 14.5 ftlbs.
    accuracy wise, the first few is ok, but then it gets really bad. i think it's got to do with the plastic melt into the rifling????

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I also tried type 1 in my Gamo 440.Terrible grouping.Shot right through a 1/4" piece of wood and then took a chunk out of my precast wall.It still had plenty speed left after that , heard it wizzing out the garden at a hell of a speed.

I found that the skirt breaks off and stays in the barrel.You almost have to check the barrel for blockage after every shot.I wont use them again.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The type 1 are CUCKA in any air weapon with a speed exceeding 400fps. The plastic does melt into the rifling and the light weight of the pellet may lead to piston and spring damage in HP springers.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

This,type 1, is the pellet that broke the sound barrier when my AA was beefed up. Accuracy is BAD even at 10m.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hi power rifle don't group well both type 1 and type 3. type 3 is much better than type 1. but still not good.