Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Air Arms Field Target Rifle (NOT SERIOUS!!!)

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

Default New Air Arms Field Target Rifle (NOT SERIOUS!!!)

Always start cooking the bacon before you start on the eggs, that way you won't end up with cold eggs.

Does it really save you money by rushing off to the garage to fill up whenever there is a price increase? Take into account the cost of petrol used to drive there plus the cost of the transaction as well as the fact that you may only need a top up.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

OBTW! I wish I had a new AA FT rifle in the boot of my car.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Would you play golf with your new AA FT rifle?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Think I'll hide in the bushes and shoot Riaans balls (Golf balls, sorry)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It might turn out to be like that sketch in Jackass where the guys hide in the bushes with an airhorn. Preety funny watching people trying to tee off with a sudden blast - even funnier when the golfers started hitting golf balls at the guys in the bushes.

But I am afraid we are drifting off topic. Would you use an AA to shoot at his balls? After having filled up with petrol that is?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Back to the subject of the new AAFT rifle. Before the war, petrol in Iraq was R0.20c,a litre Almost 3 years later it is now the astronomical price of R0.20c a litre Trouble is its hopeless for frying bacon in.
    I have to get out of here soon.....

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

Think I must order a low kick stiff barreled titanium stocked rifle with 8.5degrees loft. It's all about launch angles nowadays with the new ball technology. More height more carry.

Does Golf Pride make moderators? I find the standard AA silencer way to slippery, even when using cabretta gloves.

Louis's Avatar Louis

Serious-- a new AA FT rifle based on the MPR will be here soon----6 weeks-----hopefully-----for evaluation---
    any serious shooter or club wanting to road test the prototype can contact Air Arms. Price will be right.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

While on the topic of Golf............
    My right hemisphere has been churning and chugging more than usual lately. What if scenario.....

FT is based on a golfers handicap?
    Let me explain.
    Currently every shooter gets one shot per target per lane. PCP is the generally accepted norm for FT.
    Springer air rifles feel left out as they often feel that they have inferior toys and cannot compete.
    Now in golf the basic DIONS spalding would equate a springer and the more expensive clubs and paraphanalia equate to the different classes of PCP.

The rules are simple.
    Range Par: 10-30m=1
    31-40m=1
    41-50m=2
    Diameter Par= 10mm @10-15m=2 i.e 1+1
    20mm @16-25m=2
    30mm @25-35m=2
    40mm=par

What happens when a par is missed? Score is added and compared with range best.
    Thus the shooter with the lowest score wins.

Benefits, shooters will concentrate on the perfect shot and a 3 on par 3 course = a hole in one etc etc

What should be done to further the sport. Establish permanent ranges with fixed lanes and grade the ranges with difficulty factor taking into account the distance, positional shots, angle of shots etc.

A team can play a four ball/pellet to determine winner with the lowest score.

Just some ideas to ponder on a new FT dimension

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What do you drink and or smoke?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Isn't it a little early to be offering bribes?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You see, thats why I hate Golf. Can you explain wif some pictures Chris? !dodge

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Albereth, No my pal, you got me all wrong, I'm trying to take the stuff off the guy, he still has to drive home tonight.

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

Stoffeltoo, I think that you idea/suggestion deserves a brainstormng session, as there are certainly merits that clubs and airgunning in general will/could benefit from.

One that springs to mind would be greater participation, therefore better quality facilities and perhaps greater selection of equipment at reasonable prices due to increased demand.

If nobody takes the initiative to try, no one will ever know........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ogre, thanks for the comment
    In terms of the brain storm session, it is important to include as many interested party representatives as possible. Coming to mind is of course WFTF, SAFTAA, SAARA, SANSSU, air rifle dealers and representation from competitors.

Rules should be simple and a time limit placed on each range based on 45seconds for every shot from the moment that the eye is set to the scope.
    Poofs may be allowed within the FT rule standard and rifle mods allowed also within FT standard rules.

Perhaps look at giving PCP a higher handicap?