Thread: Refilling the S410

Anton's Avatar Anton

Default Refilling the S410

Some time back I purchased a 2nd hand AA S410. Never had any problems filling it. I decided recently to re-do the stock, emptied the cylinder, finished off the stock this afternoon, and put the package back together. When I tried filling up the cylinder, it seemed to push any air going in straight out of the barrel, without the gauge moving an inch of the zero mark. Also, what is the purpose of the large grub-screw inside the trigger guard? Please help!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If the cylinder is completely empty you will have to cock the gun to get it filled.

Large grub screw... Looking at the rifle laying bolt down, A is on the left hand side (muzzle end) of the trigger guard.

(A) located in front of the trigger within the guard does weight of pull. Clockwise to increase weight. Too much and rifle won't fire as spring becomes coil-bound.
    (B) is the foremost adjuster on the trigger blade. It determines the total length of trigger travel. Clockwise to reduce travel.
    (C) is the rearmost one on the trigger blade. It adjusts the second stage engagement. If first stage screw (B) is incorrectly set this will have no effect.

hth.

PS - Got some pics of the reworked stock per chance Anton?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hmm. Lemme just clarify.

Cock the gun - DO NOT load a pellet, just cocked is fine.

soz if you knew this.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Avion wrote - (C) is the rearmost one on the trigger blade. It adjusts the second stage engagement. If first stage screw (B) is incorrectly set this will have no effect.

Avion, can you please explain this (If first stage screw (B) is "incorrectly set" this will have no effect.) as the manual also refers to the incorrect setting, what is means by this incorrect setting?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Do yourself a favour and take the plate off that hides the trigger mechanism. Then cock and fire while you watch the mechanism. From then on you will be an expert in adjusting the trigger. Talk is cheap - look and you will understand.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

MCJ:

(Please note that I'm talking about and linking to the two sear trigger. Not the latest three sear invention from AA.)

Take a look at this link - a picture is worth a thousand words, and seeing as I've already had too much wine tonite I will not attempt technical explanations . lol
    You will see how B and C work together.

http://www.a2kda.com/trigger

For others who've used this link a while back, there are now updates on it.

hth

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Take the cover of like Paul said and you will save yourself hours of frustrtion. nothing will fly of if you take the cover of slowly (it is the cover with two screws).

Anton's Avatar Anton

Thanks Gents! The rifle is filled and ready to rumble. I'll take a few pics of the stock this weekend and have them posted. I'll be sure to take a closer look at the trigger internals as well.