Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get BKL mounts?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Where to get BKL mounts?

Anybody know where can I obtain a set of these mounts?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i think twinbore is the local agent, maybe give them a try?

if u look on the internet, there's a huge difference in price between UK and US. i plan to order a set directly from bkltech.com

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thats what I thought. I did phone them and spoke to Werner and according to him they don't sell them anymore. they only do sportsmatch. I also tried the online order system at bkltech.com, but that seems to be out of order...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i'm going to order sometime this week, will let you know.......

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Spyker , what are you looking for ?Double Strap Offset Scope Rings ?Is there not an equivilent locally?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Just got my S/h pair for 15 quid. Send me mail Spyker and we can sort something.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I just think there clamping system is top notch. How many self centering clamping systems are out there?

Thanks Lewis. will do.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

SPyker...what scope and rifle combo do you need them for?
    Which exact BKL mounts do you need?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Its for my AA S410ERB. I'm just looking for the normal scope rings, Code: 257.

Louis's Avatar Louis

Suggestion----Sportsmatch mounts available from Air Arms dealers----you will be suprised at the quality---main feature is consitency and no damage to gun or scope with continual fitting and rewoval .Made from aircraft alloys and made in England.Wide range inc ---forward leaners---dampas ---highs----precision machined very little adjustment needed on initial setup ensuring scope reticle stays in centre---spirit levels etc----Bill Sanders from AA believes they are as good as BKL.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes sure, but they are side clamped mounts. The BKL mounts clamp from both sides.

Louis's Avatar Louis

If you remove and reinstall where is your reference?
    or do you align again?Is this same as the Lynx system? Haven't pd. much attention to BKL but am always inquisitive.Is there an advantage on perfectly
    cnc machined dovetails as encountered on high quality air rifles?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

To me it?s not about the shift of POI after reinstalling the scope. It?s about the lateral alignment of the scope tube to the receiver body.
    Look at the following drawing. As you tighten the mount, the center of the mount will stay over the center of the receiver body. Side clamped mounts shifts sideways on the scope rail as you tighten the screws.
    My point is, I want a set of mounts that provides the enough clamping force while keeping the scope tube centered on the receiver body

[img][url]http://airguns.edutouch.co.za/Deadlinks/public/200series.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

bar the 13mm/15mm/17mm specific models.....the sportsmatch mounts are suitable for 9.5-11.5mm dove tails so where's the center line? i've never measure/check it b4, but if s/m mounts are used on AA dove tails are the center of bore line and scope line spot on? in theory the difference is really small eg. using normal s/m mounts on 13mm bsa rails........if zero @ 30m it out by 1mm on either side @ 0 and 60m.

but the point is if i bothered to spend close R20k on rifle and scope, i might as well get something that will ensure perfect alignment irrespective to rail width on the particular rifle.

Louis's Avatar Louis

My baas ek het nou gevat die gun met die sportsmatch mounts met die zoc scope en ek skiet die gat op 25 jrts. ek draai die mounts los al 4 en ek knyp hom net bietjie vas sodat hy nie afval nie en ek skiet weer na my eerste gat en ek skiet hom in die middel van die ander gat---- nou ek vat die scope en ek draai die knoppies op en af en die amount of clicks wat hy click is amper desame ----ek maak ook die clicks na die left en dan ek click na die regs en dan ek sien die clicks is ook amper spoton ---nou wat die ander baas doen --my kop is nou fakkies want die baas hy se die tube hy move met die one clamp business