Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air gun Cases

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Air gun Cases

I'm looking for a decent case for my new baby (Steyr LG110) when she arrives. I plan to put a big piece of glass on top. Probably 10-50x60.
    So, any recommendations you guys can make?
    Where can I buy one and for how much?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

does it not come with one?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Spyker,
    Second try. I got a double case from Hennie at TS for about R500-00 and it has enough space to almost carry two rifles with big wheels on top of big NS. Jasson also has cases but it is the upright version and for some reason I don't quite like it myself, it is a bit more expensive also.Try them both.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

The crown case is a bit narrow to my mind for the sidewheel.I however do like the upright case Jason sells.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It does come with one, but Guido reckons that it will be a tight fit with a big scope on top.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

the thing is........the steyr like many other FT rifles has got a deep fore-end (hamster), together with high mounts, big scope/wheel, vertical pistol grip, butt hooks?..........etc one would find even the biggest single rifle cases are a tight fit.

as gerrie suggested, a double rifle case is the answer. or you can also try contact alpine for a custom fit alu case.
    personally, i use a "non-oversized" double case by contico for my EV.

those vertical cases are very nice, i like the idea that the rifle is "suspended" in mid air and no pressure exerts on the barrel/cylinder/scope....etc try it see if it fits.........even with mods on the foam/padding, i can't close the case with the EV in it. i use it for my S410k th with thor high mounts + nikko night eater 4-16 X 50 and it just fits.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks urabus. Got any contact details for Alpine?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrief, I have to agree with you. I'm not to fond about the upright case either...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Not to worry. Found their website.
    http://www.alpinecases.co.za

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Spyker , I got a Alpine case I use as a toolbox.Wow they are made well. Hell they are expensive.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Spyker, I have also looked around for cases, I recently got a TX 200 HC which is under 1000mm in length. This rifle looks "he he short" in the normal rifle case, so I thought what about a bow and arrow type case. Problem is that I am waiting for the shop to order some of these cases so I can check it out. Just a thought.

Has anyone else already investigated this route?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks MCJ.

Allan, how expensive are you talking about? What is the size of your case?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allen,
    As I said to you on Saturday, you are much too sensitive about the case and combo you have. The idea of foam inside the case is exactly what it is doing in your case...hold the rifle where you put it. Anybody will tell you that the pressure it exerts on the scope will not harm it in any way as it is not very high tensity foam, but if you feel you would like to disasemble the whole rifle before every shoot I assume it is your perogative.Just a last thought; our rifles and scopes are not made of chicken crap even if we some times treat it as if it is.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Gerrie the foam in my case is a bit stiff.It is starting to take the form of the gun with the scope now.Closes a bit easier every time I us it now.Still needs to go a bit longer before I leave the sidewheel on.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Brought a Napier case back with me, should fit the connect version OK with glass on. Let you know if the 110 ever arrives. I collared the Steyr guys, they said frames in stock in 2 weeks so shipping in October, Inshallah.