Thread: CO2 pistols

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default CO2 pistols

I'm still looking for a multishot CO2 pistol.

I checked out a few, and have to choose between the Colt 1911, S&W (revolver), CP99, Nighthawk and Beretta 92.

What can you guys tell me about then (accuracy, power, etc)

The Nighthawk looks awsome, but don't know anything about it.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Get an HW40...far more accurate...FAR better trigger, cheaper to shoot...not multishot though

User Info Menu

Thanks Guido... but I diffinately want the multishot pistol. Does anyone know anything about the SKIF 3000 ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The Night Hawk is the CP Sport with trims - it does not have a single action trigger, only double.

A blow back Desert Eagle multi-shot is available with single action & space to mount a sight/scope on the top rail as well as laser/tactical light on the bottom one.

Check out http://www.umarex.de/index.php?id=home&L=en - homepage for Umarex. You will find most of the info there.

User Info Menu

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Where can I buy these mounts?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I know the HW40 is the better deal. There is a good review and write-up by Todd Cooper at:

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW40Review

but,

Does anyone have a Umarex Smith & Wesson 585/6-6?

Thruth is, I could not get my Redhawk 44 Mag under control to take a big Impala at 50m, bokkoors and lack of confidence made me rather use my .270 Win. I now would like to get more practice and build confidence using the 585-6. x)

Seems to be a all metal, good quality gun.

Thanks.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Here is a link to CO2 Pistol reviews
    [link=http://www.reviewcentre.com/products133.html]Co2 pistol reviews[/link]

I have read a lot of bad comments on the Anics relating to the magazine and jams.

I bought the Umarex Walther CP88 and what a solid METAL Co2 pistol with an 8 shot mag. Other pistols are made of cheapish plastic. Accurate, the only bad side is that I cannot reload fast enough :jump3

You can also get the 6" barrel (compensator).

[link=http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-4366.html]Walther CP88[/link]

Whatever you get, just dont get a plastic pistol, you'll be sorry.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think the CP is what the UKPSC guys use as enterence level practical pistol so has to be good. If you don't mind BBs only, the CAMO 107 (don't buy the V3) is OK as has a removerable mag like the real thing and I use one for indoor drills (don't buy the V3), the rifled barrel work much better with lead round pellets than steel BBs. Problem is you can only get spare mags from GAMO USA and they don't ship here (I had a mate to post me the stuff).

If the running cost is too high you can try a powerlet/remote line adapter and run it through a paintball tank, cost is about R350 including tank and at a rate of R1/oz co2, you will save it back by the time you charge the tank the 3nd time.

And yeah the HW40 is way cooler when you don't need multi shots. [br][img:width=192&height=192]../../Deadlinks/public/1153312013_357_FT10854_powerlet.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lots of very good reviews - I think it is worth the risk.

I bought a CP99 for my son. He is 11 years old and struggles with the recoil when shooting my P99. Excellent pistol. We now place the IPSC targets at a maximum distance of 10m and with 3 spare magazines he really gets a good feel for IPSC at an early age. Difficult to knock down the steel pepper-poppers, however he has made me paint them and a pellet stike counts as a knowdown.

Thanks.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My Anics gave a few teething problems .

Mags jamming , I now have found correct pellet for them . Also have lubed them , seem fine now .

Trigger would'nt always reset , I found that the plastic under the trigger was just on the critical reset or not , I trimmed it with a stanley knife .

Now , it seems to work 100 %

It does'nt leak any co2 from 1 week to the next .

Not as good as the CP 99 I sold ? ?

We do some silly things some times !

The CP 99 with the lazer sight was awsome for Gekos & cockroaches .

The Anics shoots high , about 75mm at 10 m .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The S&W is a great revolver. I love mine - just not enough time to shoot it though. Chronied it indoors at 440fps - consistant over 3 shots. It comes with 3 front sights of varing thickness. Both front & back sights can be removed to fit a scope rail. It is very accurate.

Planning to use mine for Pistol HFT if we can get that going.