Thread: Clarity

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Clarity

If at a FT shoot, the shooter is presented with shooting in the compulsory kneeling or standing position:

a. Can the shooter rangefind from the sitting position using his/her spoof from a stability perspective?

b.When putting eye to scope the clock starts ticking and you've got one minute to complete ur shot,are you allowed to rangefind in the sitting position or does it have to be done from either the kneeling or standing position?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

My understanding is that the clock starts as soon as you sight on the target - whether to range find or shoot. Would think that the range finding should be from the kneeling position but in practice it does not seem to be the case.

ice's Avatar ice

I would think you can range find in any position, as long as the shot is taken in the precribed one and you stay within time limit.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Would that mean then that rangefinding while sitting does not count towards the minute for the shot ? Because you then have to change positions and then put eye to the scope again to take the shot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You may sit to range find on a Stand or kneel lane. Your time starts as soon as the scope is put to your eye as stated above, if you faff about while ranging you may find yourself out of time to do your standing shots.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

You are allowed to use any position for rangefinding, even deadrest from a pole or tree, but the clock starts ticking when you put your eye to the scope.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just thought: How would you be able to range from sitting if you are forced to stand, by the target being hidden by, let's say a rock or tree stump.If I can see the target from sitting, I shoot from sitting unless I shoot at Jason's range, where HE decides which position you are to assume for every target.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Awkward Sod

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

lol

Yeah I mean what's the point of forcing a standing shot if you can see the blerry thing from a sitting pos'??
    Simulated hunting? !ill

BREYT's Avatar BREYT

at the worlds all the targets was visible all the time.they had big sings that said what position to use

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I heard from Dale at one stage that the rules distinctly state that when you are in the position the shot requires from you, the shot MUST be clear of ANY obstruction such as grass and leaves etc. A rule we might take into consideration over here in future? ?!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Africa (leeuwkop) is not for sissies!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

heh - I'm bringing the weedeater on Saturday. No wait, it's Leeuwkop, make that a chainsaw.