Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi all

james@weyford farm's Avatar james@weyford farm

Default hi all

hi im new to this forum, but been shooting 4 a wile +_ 3 years with springers. ive got a .22 webley exocet xs with a venom tune and a hawke scope (exelent bunnie basher). im in the uk at the moment and i would like to bring the rifle back.could anyone plz let me know what the current law is.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

welcome!

.22cal will need apply a license. but license is hard to get right now. but .20 and .177 no license required.

could i just bring the gun in pieces in seperate bags?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you are found in possesion of it, you will be charged with possesion of an unlicensed fire-arm which is really just not worth it. A far easier & better idea would be to buy something in .177 /.20 over there and bring that with.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Welcome to the madhouse!! When are coming over to this side of the pond?

As for your current rifle, can't you just buy a new barrel in .20 or .177?
    I would not recommend sneaking the .22 in here. If you do get caught and you probably will, they will come down hard on you. ~

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi there James.Exactly when are you planning on coming to Cape Town?Also,how far are you from Birmingham.Had a chat with Steve Pope(Venom Custom Shop) and I need you to bring sum stuff down for me.Will pay you when you get here.Trust me.

hi falcon im coming back in feb for a 3 week holiday.well birmingham isnt to close but im sure they can post it to me?what is it you need i can look on this side and see if i can get 4 you.

the thing is if i change my .22 to a .177 or .20 then the power will be way down like ten ft/lb wich isnt too good for hunting.unless you know some tuning tips i can do?i would proberly need to get a fac aswell. what do think?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what power u got from ur .22cal at moment?

Ogre's Avatar Ogre

Bigger things than bunnies to hunt in Africa. .177 fine for "pest control". FAC .177 as good as <12ft.lbs .22 for "hunting" IMHO. Can take rats bigger than bunnies from 55yds, and further, no problem. Remember there is no restriction on power in South Africa - only calibre.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Oct 07 2005, 07:10PM ]</span>

Quote Originally Posted by boondock
    what power u got from ur .22cal at moment?
    i not to shure at the moment cause i added a couple washers to the back of the piston. but ithink its doing at least 11 ft/lb

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

11ft/lb? must be a typing error. right?

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Oct 07 2005, 07:56PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

why?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

can't image that 11ft/lb in .22 has 10ft/lb more power than .177 and .20

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi James.Will phone Steve on Monday regarding a match grade trigger.Also thinkng of asking him to design a new stock for me with riser bar, raised cheekpiece and adjustable butt pad like the Venom HW100.Will get a quote from him on monday and keep u posted.Thanx for your positive response.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

iirc venom hw100 stocks are made by maccari in the US????

another option is get a custom stock build locally.......