Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley tomahawk.177

james@weyford farm's Avatar james@weyford farm

Default webley tomahawk.177

hey im thinking of getting one of these cause i hear it can be tuned to 19 ft/lb wich they say is 1000 ft/sec!!!! is that true.has any one had a go with one of these ?http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2524/dsc009072bb.jpg

thats a pic of my exocet if the link works.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If I were you, I would save my money until I got here. You can buy a new rifle here that will push out 25+ ft/lbs here without any modification required.

You mut also think about after sales service and repairs. I'm not sure if Webley has a presence here in SA.

My .02c.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

You can buy Webley from City Guns in the Cape last I looked.

Although Spyker is right FX Typhoon , Condor and S400e all high power weapons which we can buy no problemin SA

allan do you have any pictures of these guns? and are they good quality? my dad shot one of these high powerd chek rebublic guns and he said is was harsh and sounded like it was going to blow its self apart! it is a good idea. i dont know. what can i get fo about 2600 rand? tooo many choices lol aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Oct 09 2005, 01:29PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have the S410 ERB wich puts out 26FT/lbs. It's not harsh and certainly is not going to blow itself apart..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi there James.We are already shooting FT here in Cape Town on a regular basis.Why don't u get a Raider.Suburban Guns are the agents.Bought mine in June last year and over the chrono gave amazing consistency.U can pick one up in England for about 280 quid.Trust me,we all are enamered with FAC spec rifles.U DON'T NEED IT.God shot placement and accuracy is all that's needed.At our last shoot in Paarl,myself,Arnold,Boondock and MCJ shot at clay targets across a dam.My rifle pushes out 24ft/lb,Boondocks 40ft/lb and MCJ 12ft/lb.Target was about 120m away(clay targets).Boondock shot with 26grain .20 calibre pellets and his Talon knocked 'em down.My rifle had to be raised by 4 mil dots and I still fell about 2m short.Our co2 pistols reached about 50m.Bottom line is once you get into FT you don't need 18ft/lb.Just my personal opinion.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I was hitting those targets (the clays Falcon was talking about) with a BAM19 (springer) which is putting out about 14ft/lb and they broke easily.

You can get high powered rifles here but it depends on the application - let that decide for you.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

If R2600 is all you have for the gun go for a Bam 50.PCP is helish pricy here.If you are like Boondock power is everything .Otherwise stich to 12ft/lb it is more than enough for most people.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sorry Warlocke!! I forgot u were shooting as well.I must be Alzheimer ridden.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Not a prob- next time you get to hold the targets...

Default webley tomahawk .177

hi well ive got my new rifle!! and its doing 11.4 ft/lb and i would like to take it to about 17-18 ft/lb( when i get back to SA). do any of you have any tips to do this. mine is "short stroked" what does that meen?

any help plz
    thanx james

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What cal? .177 or .22?

.177 SPYKER

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Not to insult anyone , but I think if you want "custom power" from a gun the chance to get it done well is greater in England.That kills a German to say that. Just for you Gerrief
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Oct 12 2005, 04:25PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

order/get the necessary parts from venom (if it can be done). change/swop the parts once you are in ZA.