Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Advice needed.

Want to modify my stock.Going to see John Brussel on Monday.Thanks Urabus for the advice.Going to raise my cheekpiece by 1cm.Will have an adjustable butt-pad fitted.What I need to know is,if I wanted to fit a hamster cum palm rest and knee rest combined like the Anschutz 2002FT.By how much do I need to drop the hamster? I believe the FT norm is 1,5cm.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Sorry mate "hamster" does not mean anything to me.Enlighten me please.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hey falcon, got my hornet's stock mod by john, very impressed with his work.

as far as the hamster/knee rest is concerned.........the saftaa rule is that it can't be more than 15cm lower than the bore line, and the bottom surface must be non-concave. however, i've got a funny feeling that it might change........

the trick is get everything adjustable.........so no matter what it will fit in da end.

he can also do oiled finish, finger profiled grip, stippling.....etc

and if buget allow, show him a pic of gary cane/paul wilson/custom stock, and he will make you one in the grade of walnut you fancy.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus,what i needed to know is what length of riser bar do I need.I have got the stock(Raider walnut stained beechwood).The damn thing has been lying here for about eight months and I did not know what to do with it.Wanted to get myself a Daystate MK3 FT and then a brainwave struck me.Do the stock to FT spec and send the action back to England to fit a regulator and match grade trigger.Voila.About that hamster,can he do a walnut stained one and are his prices reasonable?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Falcon- stay away from regulators, especially retro fit. They are far more trouble than what they are worth. A 20 fps extreme spread makes almost no differance at 50m, go and check it out. Been there, got the T-shirt and the video.

BREYT's Avatar BREYT

Herman got a regulator fitted by Ben Taylor VERY happy with it.His 400 shoots over 200 shots very very accurate,his words "money well spent"

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What would a regulator like that cost? How about a regulator for the Daystate Huntsman?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

I think the Ben Taylor regulator is around ?200 to have fitted.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ur right urabus.Saw some of his work this morning and this guy is hot.Also,the hamster,is stipling allowed at the bottom for extra grip and also u said no concave surfaces.Can the edges be rounded/smoothed out and is a convex/cup design allowed at the bottom or does it have to be flat.Lewis,wrt the regulator,at the nationals this year we had 60 targets and my gun with the self regulating valve gives me about 70 shots.I therefore need a regulator fitted.Steve Pope can do it for me for 150 pounds.I suppose its a benefit versus risk ratio.At the end of the day its still going to cost me a lot less than a MK3.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Has anybody seen a hamster fitted to a S400 classic?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sorry Falcon, i was looking at it upside down........the bottom surface must not ne convex, ie no cups...etc
    i'm pretty sure the edges can be rounded......with finger rails......etc and i don't see the problem with stippling...........but then perhaps a SAFTTA official can varify this.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Has anybody seen a hamster fitted to a S400 classic?
    Yes, but the little bugger almost chewed through my stock!!! !amazed !amazed

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ha ha, I asked for that did'nt I.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Check with Herman Laats from TS. He has fitted it and looks Veeery nice.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Good 1 Spyker