Thread: Pellets

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Pellets

What brand and size pellet do you use?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i would love to try pellets such as the AAF 4.51, 4.52...etc however, they are not available (or atleat i know of) in cpt and dbn.

so, i've only tried pellets in the usual .177/4.5mm size. so far i found the following to be excellet for my bsa supersport and diana m46.

accupells/premiers
    air arms fields
    gamo pro magnums

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Had to remove.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sun Apr 10 2005, 09:27PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have had OK results with the Gamo Pro Magnum"s in my AA410. If you get a flyer it is usually far of target but for the price its well worth a flyer every 50 or so shots. I now use them for daily practice and find that they are better after lubing them.
    H&N Barracuda match 4.52 is still my Favourite. At 10.6 grains it's heavy and the wind has less influence on the bullet. It only drops 30mm more at 50 meters than AA field.

SerpentWolf's Avatar SerpentWolf

Gamo Flats, Scorpion Strings, and Im still trying to find perfect pointed one's. Marksman's just falls out fo my breach.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We need to start making sample packs available !! In UK you buy a sample pack that has for example 20 different pellets (make and model) with for example 50 of each. This is a MUCH CHEAPER way of finding out which pellets performs best in your airgun. Any takers .....

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi guys,
    My preferred brand of pellet is the Air arms Diabolo Field in 4.52 size. I find these are an excellent all round pellet for hunting and FT.

Pointed pellets - I have never had good results with this type of pellet and would hesitate to recommend them to anyone. One thing to note is the slightest damage to the point tends to send them well wide of the target.

By the way if anyone would like to try some 4.51 AA pellets I will be visiting SA in August and could bring a couple of tins down with me and arrange to give them to either neilg or lewis to pass samples on to others. Let me know if this is of interest.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hello Dale. People like you make my hart beat faster(no i'm married). Looking forward to see you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Notice to everyone:
    If anyone orders anything through Dale Foster (UK FT Shooter) I will gladly courier the equipment to you (at your cost) and on a pre-paid basis !
    Why pre-paid, well their are a few not so honest people that seem to be getting involved in the Airgun world (ask Guido) and I'm definately not making myself a victim !
    Unfortunately I don't know all of you personally so pls don't ask me to make an exception !! The only people that I really know is Cobus, Dale and Guido, and can guarentee all of you that you are very safe while dealing with them.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanx Neil. Yes we will try and help people as far as we can but not at a total loss. Guidio has lost lots of money due to a fellow SA man that ripped him. Just ask and we will try and help you.

Gremlore's Avatar Gremlore

Could one of you guys email me small basic quotes on shipment. I havent a clue how much it costs. and I want to check wich will be the cheapest deal