Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Trajectory -AA S410 FAC

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Odd Trajectory -AA S410 FAC

Hi all.

Im new on this forum, and have a question to ask. I have an AA 410FAC, and seem to have an odd trajectory. Instead of following a vertical line, my pellets follow a diagonal line from bottom left at 10m to top right at 30m ?? is this normal?? I have checked scope levels and mounts, and this makes no difference??? Any suggestions?? %-6

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have you tried swapping the mounts around, front / back, or rotated them 180 deg?

What scope is it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Tried that over and over - Bsa contender 6-24 X50

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

No its not normal, either your scope is canted or you are canting the rifle when you shoot. I see you are located somewhere in SA, join a club if you are new to the sport and you will find that there are lots of guys and gals that will be most willing to help you.

Welcome to extreme accuracy!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for reply - I have canted scope both ways, used a level, and have also fitted a level to my rifle stock to prevent rifle cant. Is at possible that the rifle has a flaw??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Any chance you can 'loan' another scope to dismiss a scope problem?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've had the same problem, but right at close range and left at long range. Was the scope. Last thing I checked - tried new mounts et al. Was a front PA Hawk Airmax.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yep - Try convincing your brother to remove his scope now that it is sighted in... I have been shooting with the highway club (Urabus And the boys) -- Must ask them to help!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Was your problem there without adjusting vertical setting?? Mine is there regardless. Did a new scope solve your problem?

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Zero, If you can wait a month I will give you a hand, I will be shooting with you boys soon!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yeah the problem was there with only adjusting the parallax. Other scopes I borrowed / lent were no problem.

But as I said, see if you can't borrow a scope before spending money and that's not the problem.

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

Zero,
    If the problem is not with the scope -- loosen the barrel band and retighten.If that does not solve the problem return the rifle to the dealer for correction--ask dealer to contact us.
    Air Arms

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

it could be the pellets spiralling...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My mounts on my 410FAC were the problem. Once I swopped them for a set of BKL's, problem solved

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

C'mon Guido, everybody knows they dont do that but you beat me to it, I was going to put that for a laugh but I'm not in a funny mood as you well know.