Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guido's Airforce TALON

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Guido's Airforce TALON

Guido, Guido, Guido
    I hear you have a Talon which is highly customised, got any Pic's ?
    I bought the Condor and was wondering how much you could do to it apart from the available bits.

Brian

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Hi Brian
    The Talon is the ultimate rifle for customization.
    Mine has a modified target AR15\M16 grip, thick rubber coated fore-end, aluminum trigger blade, safety removed, trigger somewhat imroved, silencer etc etc.
    The Condor unfortunately is not as good as the Talon in .177....it is far too powerful and the valving was made for .22 cal at high energy levels.
    It can be tamed though...
    Best configuration in .177 is with the 12" or 18" barrel
    I am not sure how to post pics on this site...I am emailing you some pics.
    I also have quite a few documents for the Talon regarding stripping , tuning etc
    Drop me an email....I can also help you with setting yours up...I have quite a bit of experience with the Talon.
    Cheers

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Guido
    Agree with the power comment, I took the Condor down the range the other week and wound it down as far as it would go, much better results and it showed up that after 50 shots the fall off is quite rapid. I'm still happy with it though. I'll be very interested in re-jigging it though it will have to wait till next year as I've traided up for something with a slightly higher calibre for a couple of months. An Air Rifle in Iraq isnt quite the right piece of equipment.

Brian

ice's Avatar ice

Here you go

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Pictures such as this should be banned, it screws up keyboards due to drooling.....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It looks like a Stealth sort of. What ft/lbs does it do?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Depending on Pellet type and weight, anything from 8Ft/lbs at the lowest setting to about 32ft/lbs at the highest. It makes a hell of a bang so anything alive after the first shot is either "in the air" or "down a hole". There is a silencer available for it in the UK which I'm waiting for attachment details on, then, yes, real Jason Bourne stuff. Look here >>> http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...ubCat=Gunpower

Brian

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

aka talon, airforce (us)

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

for a really good silencer solution phone the chap at Woodchucks silencers and get a slip on 1\2"UNF adaptor for the 16mm Talon barrel.
    Contact Charles Ellis (011) 476-3192 [cra.m@mweb.co.za].
    He also makes silencers.
    You can then screw on any silencer you want.
    The Manders silencer from NZ is really small and really effective....I love it...got it from City Guns in CT.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

his cell no. is 083-266-7312
    alternative email woodchucks@mweb.co.za

Talon can do up to 150ft\lbs in 9mm with a 26" barrel.
    A guy I correspond with has one in .243 cal using cast bullets...900fps with 60grainers

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

re woodchucks.........they actually make a slip-on silencer for the talon (16mm).

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

yip...have one too...they are quite bulky though and no better than the Manders

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Magic, thats half the price and no hassles trying to get to S.A

Brian

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Brian do you really have a Hawke 9-16X44 on an EV2?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Uh! Thats the numbers I remember atleast, only got to look at it for 5 minutes and had to jump on a plane. Did I get the numbers wrong? are you just jealous? or have I ballsed up? Nice thing is, I can actually "see" the pellet track. Looks a little smokey compared to my Lynx but I like the Mildot graticule.